Developer, author, teacher.
- Maurice Naftalin has four decades (more than 40 years) experience in the software industry as a developer, designer, and architect.
- He is a Java Champion, a three-times JavaOne Rockstar, and author or co-author of two Java books: “Java Generics and Collections”, and “Mastering Lambdas”.
- Over the last twenty years he has trained thousands of people in intermediate and advanced Java topics
Maurice is a software developer, designer, instructor and manager, working mainly in object-oriented technologies, specially Java. He has more than four decades’ experience as a programmer, team leader, academic, and trainer. He’s recent work has included:
- helping to oversee (as architect, designer, mentor and programmer) technical aspects of the transition of a team of 30 from RPG/green-screen technology to a three-tier Java application with both thin- and thick-client presentation
- teaching for Learning Tree mainly on their Java curriculum (courses 471 – Introduction to Java, 472 – Java for Distributed Systems, 477 – Java Swing, 570 – Java for Web Applications, 576 – Enterprise Java Beans, 517 – Enterprise Applications using Swing and Hibernate, and also 325 and 396 – Unix Tools and Utilities, for which I am technical editor)
- co-authoring the book Java Generics and Collections (2006), which has received widespread critical praise
- writing the book Mastering Lambdas (2014)
Currently he is a technical director of Morningside Light Ltd and he is giving speeches as a key note speaker at conferences all over the world.